I my case win 7 64bit, vs2013 ultimate en, silverlight 5 (64) ie11 , when try to recode coded ui tool and click control on sample silverlight site with ie11 then got message "thread not work..blabla~ and alert, error... go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=299901 ..
Thank you for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Coded UI Test Plugin for Silverlight v1.0.
It seems referencing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\12.0\UITestExtensionPackages\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.Silverlight.dll" only works with projects targeting the .net 4.5 framework.
Otherwise, I get the following error during compilation:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1696,5): warning MSB3274: The primary reference "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.Silverlight, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0".
Are there any plans to support projects which target the .net 4 framework?
I am using latest version of plugin. I already updated VS2013 to update 3. I added the dll to projects. And I tried to use different browsers. (IE,Chrome,FF)
Our Silverlight app when I am trying to map controls Coded Ui Test Builder is marking entire app in giant blue box. Like there is only one big control:
Controls have unique IDs. For simply project (one button) it works but for our production app with dll or without it notice only one big control.
It looks like your project controls are all custom controls. We support custom controls limited to the ones derived from the Silverlight toolbox itself. How is the App authored?
Also, Silverlight plugin is only supported in IE. Not with firefox\chrome.
Maybe there are customs control but at first is logging box created by Silverlight controls.
The Silverlight app is embedded iside of page. (xap inside silverlight control) I think that is making the test impossible.
Hi Kirb_Dispatcher, kaeberos
I can assure you that the plugin is very much working. Here are some points to help you troubleshoot your issue:-
1. Could you please check VS-> Help -> About section and let me know the exact VS build that is installed on your machine? In case it isnt RTM or Update3 CTP1, that could potentially cause it. As mentioned in the description above - this plugin is not supported for Update1 or Update2.
2. Do you have only VS2013 on this machine or VS 2012 as well? If yes, do you have the VS2012 plugin installed as well? This would again not be a supported scenario.
3. Also, what is the approach you are taking for recording, have you compiled your App with the Silverlight helper dll? Is this helper dll of the newer version (present in the plugin on this page)- the one that comes with the latest plugin? If it is from the older plugin - it would not work.
4. This plugin will only work with SL 5 applications. VS 2013 itself does not support Silverlight 5 applications.
I still have some issues.
The Coded UI works properly with basic Buttons but not with HyperLinkButton.
Also, it's able to retrieve the click event on an AutoCompleteBox but it doesn't work while typing text in it.
How's that ?
I would need more data as basic functionality on HyperlinkButtons and AutoCompleteBox works without any issues.
1. Are you recording actions? Is the recording happening? After generating code, could you send me the code snippet that is added in UIMap.Designer.cs for the actions as well as the SearchProperties of the control? If you are hand coding, please send in the code snippet.
2. Could you also print the exact error message you are getting if the error is during playback for each of them?
3. For autocomplete box - are you saying that recording of text is not happening or playback? What is the exact error that gets thrown?
4. What IE version are you on? Do you have Enhanced Protected Mode enabled? Are there any IE settings that are non-default?
Hello, how do I know if my VS build is RTM or Update3 CTP1?
I looked in my about section and I see:
Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013
Version 12.0.21005.1 REL
Microsoft .NET Framework
Nevermind, I have found the download to the latest update
Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 CTP 2
(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43130) and am currently installing.
Hope it allows the plug-in to work.