I'm getting the following error after I double-click and attempt to install the vsix file:
"The extension manifest is invalid"
Any idea what could be causing that? Some details about my environment:
- Windows 7
- I've got VS 20080 and VS 2010 installed
- I think that all the latest updates are installed
I also tried the more manual method:
- pulled down the C# Dal2 template from Code Plex
- Copied it to the proper VS folder under My Docs
- VS found the template and lets me specify the module name and whatnot
- But I get :
"The project template has a reference to a missing Extension. Could not find an Extension with ID 'e48 ....... <GUID> ..... 3eed'"
1) DAL2 is only available in DotNetNuke 7, and being that 7.0.2 has a number of bug fixes there is no need to go back to DNN 7.0
2) I always encourage people to develop on the latest release.
You can always download the source code from codeplex and change any requirements yourself.
I opened vsxi file wit 7zip, then opened file extension.vsixmanifest
changed <InstallationTarget Id="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Pro" Version="11.0" />
<InstallationTarget Id="Microsoft.VisualStudio.VWDExpress" Version="11.0" />
and i'm able to install :)
I've got a new version of the templates ready for the gallery, but I can't get them uploaded to the gallery due to a problem with the gallery and the express editions of VS not supporting project templates. I am hoping to hear back from the gallery team on if they plan to resolve this or not.
If not, I may have to just release the templates on codeplex for people that want to use the express editions.
Hi Chris,when I created a new dnn project, vs2012 told me "Web application projects are configured to use IIS. Cannot access the IIS metadata. You do not have sufficient privileges to access IIS Web sites on the computer."
What should I do?
ps:My computer system is win8 pro X64.