Blue theme update: The Blue theme is now part of Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38188
), and is no longer included as
part of the extension as of version 2.3. Please ensure VS Update 2 is installed if you want to update the extension while continuing to use the Blue theme.
Allows users to customize the Visual Studio 2012 color palette. This extension is supported for Visual Studio 2012 Professional and higher. This Channel
gives an in-depth description of how to use the extension.
- Choose from several prebuilt themes including a Visual Studio 2010 theme (named Blue), a Light theme with a dark editor, a Dark theme with a light editor, and four additional colored themes (Red, Green, Tan, Purple)
- Ability to copy/paste, undo/redo, and multi-select edit
- A new and improved color picker to easily change your theme’s colors
- More Visual Studio UI that can be modified including most tool window backgrounds and selection colors
- Customize your editor fonts and colors from the Theme Editor UI
- Copy colors from existing themes to easily create variations on the prebuilt themes
- Import and export themes to share themes across multiple machines or with friends
Special thanks to Andrew Sarratori for helping with development!
2.3 Added support for merging Fonts & Colors customizations with a theme, removed the Blue theme (now a part of Visual Studio 2012 Update 2)
2.2 Move Themes menu into the Tools menu, improve visual appearance of the Color Themes launch page, add preview support when editing themes, added ability to import and export themes
2.1 Fix broken theme list when several popular extensions (including ReSharper) are installed, and persist column sorting options
2.0 Initial release