This is a great extension! However, I almost invariably have more than one instance of VS running at a time so one one thing that would make it a fabulous five for me, is if I could set a theme for each solution. Please consider this!
I absolutely love this add-on. I like to set all the different text editor font settings to different colors so that I can instantly recognize what each piece of code is at a glance. The built in options menu let you do this, but it was a total pain and took forever. With this add-on, it is a breeze. I love it.
I'm desperate. Is there a way, an add-on, that let me change that FUCKY, SHITTY "old-style" CGA-like button ?? I want the "old" office 2010 style where folder icons where Yellow and the we could see better what there was inside a "button".
It's unbelievable that users HAVE to use "non standard" and "non offical" method to use this product. Thanks to non-profit users we can continue to work with this product that while it has been improved a lot , it has became worste in grafic aspects and icons (HORRIBLE, SHITTY, UGLY .....). Was it too difficult to give the user the opportunity to change the theme back to the well known and clear themes,grafic, icons .. etc ? Was it too difficult the made this ? People could choose if using the new shitty aspect or the "old" one. It's called "metro-ui" ... i call it "UNDERGROUND-UI". "Visual studio 2012/2013 for the blindness peoples...... it doesn't help to avoid...it makes us become !!!". PS: The same is for Office 2013 ......
It makes me laugh a lot thinking that MS payed also a lot designers to achieve this UGLY result !!!! HORRIBLE !!!
THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR FINALLY GIVING ME THE PUSH I NEEDED TO LEARN JAVA AND ECLIPSE. I WAS FAR TOO COMFORTABLE. DEALING WITH MICROSOFT FOR RELEASING APPS ON THE MARKET PLACE AND NOW THIS DIABOLICAL SKIN IN STUDIO MADE IT SIMPLY UNBEARABLE TO CONTINUE. I'M WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE THIS SEEMS TO BE HOW YOU THINK WE SHOULD COMMUNICATE WITH TEXT!! NORMALLY I'D RESERVE IT FOR REMARKS LIKE "I HATE THIS FUCKING SKIN", SO MUCH SO THAT I STILL MAKE DO AND DEVELOP IN 2010.
I'm happy to see that I'm not just a grumpy old man yet and that there are zillions of others that are rightly pissed off over this heap of muck for a skin. This W8 iconolgy is utter bolox. It's nonsense that we have to spend time looking for this plugin. Even after the effort put into this Editor they still packed more shit with it and onus is on you to make it look right. They still haven't got the message if they're including a poxy purple skin. I think when Steve Jobs died his dirty black soul possessed Microsoft and decided to force all us all to doing only what they want.
This guy shows a decent hack for the VS2010 look http://computerbeacon.net/blog/visualstudio2010iconsandt
I've spent quite a bit of time (slowly over time) making a VS-2010 style theme that works with this extension. It's a lot closer to the original VS-2010 than the "blue" theme that comes with this extension (better contrast, sharper text, etc.). I'm willing to share it, but I would want to upload it somewhere where anyone could get it. I don't know if there's a place dedicated to that. If you know of one, reply here so I can see it.
With the latest release, this should now be supported. You can now
1. Create a new theme based on the existing theme you want as the starting point
2. Import color customizations from a .vssettings file
3. While editing the theme, use the new toolbar button "Import Fonts and Colors Customizations", which should present you with a summary of all of the customized colors that will imported into the theme.
This way you can now bundle .vssettings color customizations created elsewhere as part of a theme.
Hi there. In standard Dark Theme, the Issues grid in the Pending Changes window is White-on-almost-White for non-selected rows. i.e. invisible until you select the row. Does anyone know which color theme setting corresponds to this behavior? I love the Dark Theme, but it's only this one setting that I would like to change. Thanks for the extension!
1) Is there any site like http://studiostyl.es/ that was created for posting shared VS2010 themes for themes created with this extension? I really would like to get my editor to have the "Humane Studio" color scheme. It would look good in the "Tan Theme"
2) I would like to update the background color of the text editor, is there an easy way to update all the background settings for the Text Editor without doing all of them individually?
3) From what I have read all the theme settings are stored in the registry, is that correct? So to back a custom theme up you would have to export the theme, the same way you would if you wanted to share it, correct?
I would like to know about 2) - I am using a customized dark theme and would really like to change Text Editor background colour from dark gray to black - what is the easiest way to do so?
Thanks in advance.
1) I'm not aware of a site like this yet, sorry!
2) Text Editor → Plain Text → Background is the main text editor background color. Other editor-based tool windows have their own background, if you search for "plain text background" you should be able to quickly edit them all. There may be a handful of other colors that you think of as background colors (for example, Text Editor → Indicator Margin → Background is the background for the "breakpoint" margin). I don't have an exhaustive list, unfortunately.
3) The safest way to back up your themes is to export them and them save them yourself, as you would to share them. While installed, themes are stored in the registry as well as being stored as a part of an installed VS extension (that's stored in the filesystem in your %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions folder by Visual Studio's Extensions and Updates manager).
You can delete each custom theme (there's an "X" icon on each theme in the Customize Colors page--this would restore you back to the default list. Is this what you're asking for? You can also uninstall each custom theme individually from the Extensions and Updates page, which should have the same effect.
I don't know where to send bugs so....
Main Window -> Status Bar -> Default -> Text modify Environment -> StatusBarText.
It must modify Environment -> StatusBarDefaultText instead.
And not actually bug... Editor don't store/restore selected element on ctrl+tab. This is annoying.
How about a copy option from system colors?
Office has its own skinning. The Live suite also its own. Visual Studio its own. It's a nightmare !!! None of them has an option to use OS color scheme. The whole IT world is going for this skinning frenzy and a desktop is looking like a chameleon.
Something is definitely wrong with Microsoft's BAs !