Clean, simple and just what I needed. Caveat: It does appear to occasionally add a bogus file (e.g. .js.map with no filename) when grouping files that have multiple extensions (like jquery.blah.js.map), but that is easy to correct and this has saved me loads on manual editing of my csproj files. THANK YOU!
The extension is great. One suggestion, however. When I select two items, I often have to click the drop-down to change the suggested root. Would be great if the extension could be more intelligent at guessing the root. For example, if you choose a .cshtml and .cs file, suggest the .cshtml as the root. Or maybe if it's easier, suggest the root as the first clicked item.
If I try to un nest an item by selecting it and choosing un-nest nothing happens.
If i select the item i want to un-nest and its parent and klick on un-nest an error occurs saying I'm not allowed to change a tmp file in my Temp folder.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm trying to get TypeScript working in a Windows 8 project. After adding the build targets for TypeScript I've added a 'test.ts' file. It produces a 'test.js' file. When I try to nest the files I get an error:
Unable to add project item "js\myscript.js": ADDRESULT_Cancel
When I select two items, I often have to click the drop-down to change the suggested root. Would be great if the extension could be more intelligent at guessing the root. For example, if you choose a .cshtml and .cs file, suggest the .cshtml as the root. Or maybe if it's easier, suggest the root as the first clicked item.
Today I managed to update this extension, but as soon as I try to nest files VS gives me error which says that this might be caused by conflict with other extension or another version of this extension is installed. anyway this is configuration error. before this update everything worked perfectly
Seeing the error message:
The 'NestIn.NestInPackage, NestIn, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=735d15f764f78d03' package did not load correctly.
The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by running the application together with the /log parameter on the command line, and then examining the file 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ActivityLog.xml'.
It could be because of the pull request that added support to VS11. The project was being built in net 4.5.
I changed back to .net 4.0 and seems to be working fine on both versions of visual studio.
I uploaded a new version , please let me know if it work.
sorry and thanks
I am the author, the project is opensource, i think it was broken since we added support for 2012. It is working on my VS2010 maybe because i have .Net 4.5 and Vs2012...
I can revert back the commit that added support for 2012 if you want and deploy a new version.
does this work for you guys?
I installed a VM from scratch with Win7 and VS2010, and I was able to reproduce the problem. After one hour of debuging and logs I found out the problem.
Last version (1.1.4) should work on both version of visual studio. Let me know if you keep experiencing problems.
Please add support for "nesting" two linked files. I still have to do this manually in the project file with <DependentUpon />.
Also, have the selection for the new root default to the item with the shorter name.
Hi, I do not have the nesting two linked files feature yet but I implemented the "selection for the new root default to the item with the shorter name".
Feel free to send me a pull request here: https://bitbucket.org/jfromaniello/nestin/
and I will deploy it inmeditely... I am not using visual studio much these days and i am very busy.
I have downloaded latest version, but the same problem exists. I think this problems started after adding support for VS 2012 Could u please provide earlier version we are using this extension in our everyday work and I personally think that this is the only extension which really keep project clean.