PTVS is a free/OSS plugin from Microsoft that turns VS into a Python IDE (Express/Pro). Supports CPython, IronPython, Intellisense, mixed Python/C++ debug, remote linux/MacOS debugging, profiling, HPC clusters, multiple REPL’s, IPython, Django, flask, cloud computing, ...
hi jj995 - sorry about the problems :(. some clarifications:
1. there is no stepping from IronPython to C++. if you take a look at the docs, mixed mode debug is only available from CPython <-> C++.
2. there are a few debuggers/launchers at play. eg the .Net one (which allows IronPython/C# mixed mode), MMD (CPython/C++), and the regular Python one.
3. re isense w C#/IronPython - please file a bug so we can look. please include your particular scenario pls.
4. re help/IRC/etc. all our support is via the forum one the project's home page. we've generally been good about responding to all requests (despite being a small team). generally the dev who wrote the code will respond to your query (not PSS, etc).
5. it's true that CPyhton at this point has the best support. this partly reflect the user base (98% CPython). however, please file any bugs or feature requests and we'll try to adrs them as best possible. also note that we do take patches, so if youre a dev that would like to send us a pull request, we'd be delighted!
Hi, can you tell me how to run python test in Visual Studio Online Hosted Build Controller?
From below link:
Looks like I should follow answer in question in this webpage "Can I run tests from a different unit test framework in my builds?"
But I can't figure out how yet.