You have to create a new project - you should then see the template in the list, and that will enable the tutorial. Also, I'll mention that I (unfortunately) haven't had the time to update this for VS 2012.
A couple of minor points
Ex 1 - Task 1 says:
3. Notice that the default MainWindow.xaml was renamed to MainView.xaml and put in the Bookstore.Views namespace
The filename was changed, and the Window's x:Class is Bookstore.Views.MainView but the file was still in the main folder of the app.
Also, the Intro mentions 'concepts learned in the previous sections'. I couldn't find these, but it looks like I don't need them. Is this right?
Bulk kudos for your work.
When I click on any link in Guidance Browser I receive this message:
"Unable to execute command because the associated guidance action is not in the Enabled (green) state."
How can I overcome it?
Hi! Can you try clicking the Refresh button in the Guidance Explorer window tab? See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/willy-peter_schaub/archive/2011/04/13/known-feature-builder-issue-which-affects-rangers-architecture-tooling-guidance.aspx)
If that does not work, you could try reinstalling. You can do so in the "Extension Manager" under the "Tools" menu. Hope that does the trick!
As you may have noticed, I have updated the package version over time. I strongly recommend you update to v1.7, as it contains a number of fixes based on the feedback I've received. Thanks!
Thanks for the tutorial, 2 minor fixes.
1) change in MainViewModel.cs
from: private IBookRepository _bookstoreRepository = new BookstoreRepository();
to: private IBookstoreRepository _bookstoreRepository = new BookstoreRepository();
Views.DataContext = mainViewModel;
mainview.DataContext = mainViewModel;
I believe I corrected the issues you reported in the latest version, as well as a few invalid links in the content. I didn't find an issue with App.Xaml.cs, so don't hesitate to let me know if I missed something (again). Thanks for taking the time to report and hope you found the lab useful!
1. The guidance refers to files in Excercise 2/Code folder, which I haven't found. I had to extract those files from zip file deep in AppData/Local... folder.
2. Some links in the guidance causes the page to go blank and do nothing. For example Copy Code link of OnWindowLoaded in Task 1.3.
3. Next step in Task 3.1 navigates to Excercise 2.
Anyway great introduction!