Great theme – small problem!. With the theme enabled the Output window shows “Unable to disable loading of ngen images from app-local native image cache. Failed with error 0x8004001”. Disabling the theme removes the message. It may be related to a bug in the theme where it references the SaveSmall_Hover.png icon as SaveSmallHover.png (using the theme with the Standard Shell this shows up as a 404 error in Fiddler).
Unlike the thread on Connect with the same message the app appears to run fine.
I'm experiencing the following message when I load up the LightSwitch project. MetroThemeExtension is not loaded succesfully.
"Could not load the following extensions
Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C, Line 24, position 2."
I am using VS2012 RTM English version on Windows 8 Pro RTM Korean.
I didn't test it in different scenario, but i'm currently facing following problem.
I upgraded to silverlight 5 on my development machine and now, in development time, the ribbon buttons are invisible. When you hover over them, they become visible.
Didn't had the occasion to test it in a deployed app.
Hello, I am experiencing the same behavior indicated by Paul, but let me add some information:
- on my developer machine I have the Silverlight 5 runtime installed and shell icons in the Metro Theme are not visible (unless I mouse-over) neither in debug/development on local machine or on deployment server.
- on a different machine, which has Silverlight 4 runtime, Metro Theme shell icons work as expected on the deployment server.
Any informations about where to change this behavior in the Metro extension you released at the following address:http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/silverlight/LightSwitch-Metro-Theme-b1bfce24 ?
Oh, no. Where is the AddNew button. As mentioned by Simon Jones, no AddNew button visible. Only the default AddNewAndEdit bound to the default method displays the button image. I think if the button code is overriden, the icon disappears. Have not tried that, but will do so soon and update this discusson.
It's not only the AddNew. I tried to use a custom image for one of the buttons (which previously had text only), the button is not shown when the Metro Theme is used. Upon simply selecting a different theme, all is fine. So, looks like this is some deep rooted problem, or the scenario of custom buttons and images has not been taken into consideration when developing this theme.
We've just released an updated version (1.1). Please give it a try. Thanks!
* Fixed issues where customers cannot use commands with custom images
* Fixed issues where AddNew button does not appear when overriden
* Fixed issues where screen does not load when using a custom control with a combobox